After Effects Tutorial: Motion Track Animation
In this tutorial, I’m going to teach you how to create motion track map effect using Adobe After Effects.
You can watch the video and read the step by step guide and learn how to create this effect easily.
Creating Motion Track Effect using Adobe After Effects
- First, we will add the “Girl Running” video to our timeline, to get the “Girl Running” video download the Project Files for Free.
- Then, we will click on “Window” and choose “Tracker”, with the tracker we will track the girl motion, and by that our map will be tracked to the girl.
- Now the track window will be opened, we will click on track motion, and add track points around the girl.
- We will add 2 “Null Object” by clicking “Layer”, “New”, “Null Object”. Name the first null object to “End” and apply the track points to the “End” null object.
- The next step is to add a new solid and add “Beam” effect to it.
- These are the settings we need to choose for the “Beam” effect.
- Press Alt on the Starting Point of the “Beam” solid. Now click on the “Start” null object and press P to show the position settings.
Click on the expression and drag it to the “Start” null.
- Create new ellipse and attach it to the end of the “Beam” solid.
- Now, Create a new composition and call it “Window”.
- The next step is to create a white rectangle and place it on the new composition, it should look like this:
- Now add the map and fix it’s proportion.
- Go to the main composition and place the map at the end of the ellipse, The final result should look like that.
And we are done! if you want to learn how to create awesome projects in Adobe After Effects,
Try our Adobe After Effects full course in a Limited Time Discount!