DIY Tutorial – Building Diffusion Panel
Today we are going to build a DIY diffusion panel. you can use it to either diffuse or bounce lights to get a softer look and get rid of the harsh shadows.
To built your own diffusion board all you need is:
2 x three quarter 10 ft long PVC pipes (recommend to get thicker pvc to make the whole construction stronger and less bendable).
PVC pipe cutters (or you can use a saw)
4 x 90 degree PVC elbow
1 x bag of zip ties
Semi transparent fabric, in our case we went with a curtain we found in Ikea.
Introduction for building diffusion panel by yourself!
- Cut the pipes to the size you like (we used 1.5 on 2 Meters which is about 5 feet)
- Cut the fabric to the desired length.
- Use a knife to cut holes in the edge of the fabric.
- Attach the fabric to the pipes with zip ties.
- You Should get something that looks like this:
- To make the diffusion panel stands you can use 2 light stands, 2 swivel ball heads and 2 super clams and attach them to the frame.
Get our CINEMA 4D Course (Discount for a limited time)