How to Make 3D Text – Photoshop CC Tutorial
Photoshop Tutorial – Create 3D Text
- If you haven’t done it already, download the Photoshop Project File, so you can follow along with the tutorial. And if you already know how to create 3D text in Photoshop you can Skip to the next tutorial, Animating 3D Text in Photoshop.
- So to create 3D text we first need to add a text layer and write something in the textbox. Select the Text Layer, and click on “3D”, “New 3D Extrusion from Selected Layer”. That will transform the text layer into 3D layer.
- We can play around with the rotation of the text layer by dragging the X Y Z arrows.
- By clicking on any of the 3D Extrusion Material we can change the properties of the text layer. Like it’s color, Depth, Light etc.
- In order to change the light, click on Infinite Light 1, and move the cursor to the desired location.
NOTE: If 3D doesn’t work or is grayed out- 3D feature isn’t compatible with 32-bit operating systems, and only available in Photoshop CS6 EXTENDED version, as well as versions CC and beyond. Some video cards may not be supported.
Want to learn more about Photoshop? Check out our Complete Photoshop Portrait Retouching Course!