Glass Slides – After Effects Tutorial & Free Template
In this After Effects tutorial, I’ll show you how to create an amazing Glass Slides Photo Animation Effect in Adobe After Effects.
You can use this effects to present your photos with real 3D glass edges effect. No plugins required! use it for your vacation, family, wedding images etc.
- First, if you want you can download the After Effects Glass Slides Project, so you can just place the effect in your videos.
- So, to begin with, we create a new composition, we will call in Main, then we add another composition and call it Picture, we will import our picture into “Picture” composition and scale it up.
- Next, we need to create a new black solid, and transform, move its position by clicking its endpoints, it should look like this:
- We will add a CC light sweep effect to the light sweep solid. And change its blending mode to Screen.
- Now we need to duplicate the “Picture” composition and also duplicate the light sweep. change the name of the new Picture composition to “glass out” and change the light sweep to “cut out”.
- Go to the “glass look” and change its track matte mode to “Alpha Matte – Cut Out”.
- Press P to reveal the position properties on the “cut out” and “light sweep”. and while clicking Alt attach its properties.
- Add a “Transform” effect to the “glass out” composition and scale it up, also add a “Fast Blur” effect.
- The next thing we need to is to add a null object. We need to attach its position properties to the
- That’s it! Now you just have to create keyframes to the position! If you want to learn more about After effects, you can check out my Complete After Effects Course, it’s now on a limited time discount!